How to prepare Mini Idlis / Baby Idlis

by 12:00 PM 0 comments
Idly plays a significant role in every home in South India. Now I will show you a different variety in it. It is baby idly/ mini idly. Everybody loves restaurants style mini idly with sambar / sambar idly. 

Here is the recipe for one of my favorite mouth-watering idly.

Cook Time : 15 mins 
Serves: 3 to 4  
Recipe Category: Idli /Mini Idli /Breakfast / dinner
Recipe Cuisine: Indian

Ingredients:

Mini idly plates / plates 
Oil – as required

Direction:

  • Mix the batter well. 
  • Grease with oil in the mini idly plates / moulds.
  • Take a scoop of batter and fill the plates. 
  • Use idly cooker / steamer and pour some water on it for steaming. Check whether the water is boiling. 
  • Take the mini idly moulds and place it in cooker, cover it with lid.
  • Cook for 10-15 minutes.
  • Open the cooker and check whether it is still sticky or not 
  • If it is sticky cook it for another 2 to 3 minutes.
  • Mini idly is ready to eat.
Have it with hot and yummy sambar, white chutney or idly powder.

Tips:

Babies likes mini Idlies and you can add ghee to the Idlies for them.

Aparna Rajesh

Chef

I am Aparna Rajesh. I love cooking and gardening, but I never got an opportunity to do it. Now one of my passions came true here. I am proud to announce that it is my blog Chillax kitchen. In this blog I am mainly focusing into South and North Indian foods, Traditional recipes, Babies and Kids recipes, millet recipes in a Simple and easy way

0 comments:

Post a Comment